USB SPEAKERS : Compact & Portable
The best Universal Serial Bus - USB speaker systems can provide quality, pure digital sound and be powered over a single USB cable. All-Digital USB Only systems use a single USB connection. You can eliminate a tangle of wires, potential battery recharging and/or replacement issues, and AC power-strip clogging transformers if you so desire.
Analog USB loudspeakers use USB for power, but also have a 1/8" audio cable. These compact and small external USB portable speakers are compatible with any Mac or PC - and can also be used with phones, MP3 players and other audio devices. Many slip into a laptop computer carry case for easy portability with room to spare. Enjoy improved sound, higher volume levels, and wider frequency response. That's something which most gadgets, MacBooks, PC notebooks and far too many desktop computers built-in speakers can't even begin to match.
|Quality 2-Piece Speaker||Premium USB Speaker|
|Stereo USB Only Speaker
Dual Side Bass Radiators
|Edifier 2.0 Speaker System
70mm Cones : Front Volume Control
CHOOSE THE KIND OF USB SPEAKER YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR:
USB MACBOOK SPEAKER | USB LAPTOP SPEAKER
Best Sounding USB Speaker SystemsBelow are our top loudspeaker picks for stylish, full range 2-piece stereo USB audio at your desktop -- No power supply or AC outlet needed! Click image to see specs and prices:
|Longtime Best Seller||3-Piece USB Speaker|
|Logitech USB Speakers
Front Volume & Mute Buttons
|USB 2.1 Woofer Speaker
Front Volume + Bass Knobs
|2.0 USB Cubes||Premium USB Speaker|
|JLab 2-Piece SubSpace
Brushed Aluminum Styling
|Altec Lansing Pebbles
Aux In + Volume Control
Types Of USB Computer Speakers
- One piece mono portable USB travel speakers with a single speaker driver for improved computer audio and music listening on the go. Lightweight and compact, these speakers can fit in the palm of your hand.
- One piece stereo USB laptop speakers with both left and right speaker drivers in one unit for easy portability and travel. USB soundbar type speakers
- Two piece stereo USB computer speaker options offer wider stereo signal separation and deliver a more pleasing ambient sound field.
- Three piece 2.1 USB desktop computer speakers with central subwoofer and stereo satellite enclosures for midrange and highend frequencies.
Various Speaker System Features- Some smaller loud speakers are USB port powered, but also have a separate 1/8" Analog cable for the audio signal. These Analog connected products are different than more straightforward USB Only Digital laptop speakers with only a single cable for both power and stereo audio.
- Select USB speakers may also feature on-board volume and mute controls, or a 1/8" stereo 3.5mm input jack for connecting a computer Tablet, MP3 Player, Cell-Phone, Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad or other external audio source.
- You can use an A/C USB charging block to power USB Analog speaker systems if you so choose, then just plug the audio cable into whatever audio source you choose. All-Digital USB only speakers are only appropriate for direct USB connection to a laptop or desktop computer system.
Best Portable USB Speaker Choices
|SoundBar USB Speaker||2.0 USB Travel Speaker|
|Edifier USB Sound Bar
Battery or USB Powered Audio
|Altec Lansing 2-Piece
Snap Together For Travel
The Benefits Of USB Powered Speakers
Most USB computer speaker systems are far louder and have a deeper, wider frequency response range over the built-in speakers of nearly any laptop computer.
No system-level audio drivers need to be installed. Modern computer operating systems will recognize the loudspeaker in the Sound Input Control Panel of Microsoft Windows or the Sound Preference Pane of Apple's Mac OSX.
The 5 volts and mere 500 milliamps of power on a USB port limits USB speakers to providing, at-best, about 2.5 watts of audio power output. However, that's enough loudness to fill a room and hear much more of what your ears are missing from nearly any Mac laptop or PC notebooks tiny built-in speakers.
A new generation of louder USB 3.0 powered speakers can take advantage of the increased 900mAh power of a USB3 port and potentially deliver up to 4.5 watts of output.
Larger USB desktop speaker systems with both main speaker drivers AND passive radiator cones can help improve the lower bass frequencies that other small computer speaker designs might lack. With well-engineered, larger and high quality drivers, desktop USB speakers can deliver a surprising amound of bass.
The loudspeaker products featured here are compatible with any speed USB port. Digital stereo audio has relatively low-bandwidth demand on the Universal Serial Bus and will operate well even on older computers with USB 1.1 ports - as well as newer computers with USB 2.0, USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interfaces. For Type-C USB 3.1 ports you may need an adapter or hub since most USB desktop and laptop speakers use a standard Type-A USB plug.
The right choice in USB speakers can provide a high-quality audio playback solution for your computer. They work well in your home or office with your desktop Macintosh or PC, or a Windows notebook or Apple MacBook laptop and are ready to travel when needed.