WHY USB SPEAKERS? COMPACT - PORTABLE - SELF POWERED
These featured USB powered computer speakers sound suprisingly good!
The best Universal Serial Bus - USB speaker systems can provide quality, pure digital sound and be powered over a single USB cable. Eliminate a tangle of wires, potential battery recharging and replacement issues, and AC power-strip clogging transformers if you so desire. These compact and small external USB portable speakers are compatible with Mac or PC, and many slip into a laptop computer carry case with room to spare. Enjoy improved sound, higher volume levels and wider frequency response -- something which most MacBook, PC notebook and far too many desktop computers built-in speakers can't even begin to match.
CHOOSE THE KIND OF USB SPEAKER YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR:
USB MACBOOK SPEAKER | USB LAPTOP SPEAKER | USB SOUNDBAR SPEAKER | USB DESKTOP SPEAKER
Types Of USB Computer Speakers
- One piece mono portable USB travel speakers with a single speaker driver for improved computer audio and music listening on the go. Lightweight and compact, these speakers can fit in the palm of your hand.
- One piece stereo USB laptop speakers with both left and right speaker drivers in one unit for easy portability and travel. (USB soundbar type speakers)
- Two piece stereo USB computer speaker options offer wider stereo signal separation and deliver a more pleasing ambient sound field.
- Select USB speakers may also feature on-board volume and mute controls, or a 1/8" stereo 3.5mm input jack for connecting a computer Tablet, MP3 Player, Cell-Phone, Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad or other external audio source.
- Note: Some small speakers are USB port powered, but also have a separate 1/8" Analog cable for the audio signal. These Analog connected products are different than more straightforward USB Digital speakers with only a single cable for both power and stereo audio.
Best USB Speaker Choices
|SoundBar USB Speaker||Desktop USB Speaker||Portable USB Speaker|
|Edifier USB Sound Bar
Battery or USB Powered Audio
|Affordable USB Speakers
$15 Logitech S150's
|USB Altec Orbit
Speaker With Travel Case
The Benefits Of USB Powered Speakers
Most USB computer speaker systems are far louder and have a deeper, wider frequency response range over the built-in speakers of any laptop computer.
No drivers need to be installed. Modern operating systems will recognize the loudspeaker in Sound Input Control Panel of Windows or the Sound Preference Pane of Mac OSX.
The 5 volts and mere 500 milliamps of power on a USB port limits USB speakers to providing, at-best, about 2.5 watts of audio power. However, that's enough loudness to fill a room and hear much more of what your ears are missing from nearly any Mac laptop or PC notebooks tiny built-in speakers. A new generation of USB 3.0 powered speakers can take advantage of the increased 900mAh power of a USB3 port and deliver up to 4.5 watts of output.
Larger USB desktop speaker systems with both main speaker drivers AND passive radiator cones can help improve the lower bass frequencies that other small computer speaker designs might lack. With well-engineered, larger and high quality drivers, desktop USB speakers can deliver a surprising amound of bass.
These loudspeaker products are compatible with any speed USB port. Digital stereo audio has relatively low-bandwidth demand on the Universal Serial Bus and will operate well even on older computers with USB 1.1 ports - or newer computers with USB2 or USB3 SuperSpeed interfaces.
The right choice in USB speakers can provide a high-quality audio playback solution for your computer that works well in your home or office - and with with your desktop Macintosh or PC, or a Windows notebook or Apple MacBook laptop and is ready to travel when needed.